Featured Post

Free Cards from Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius

A few weeks ago Matt (from Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius) offered a quick trivia question with the prize of three packs of 2008 Topps (hobby). I happened to be the first to answer correct (because really who can turn down free packs of cards?)...and this is what I got:

26 base cards (including Mickey Mantle) - but not a single Cincinnati Red. I know the Reds are pathetic year in and year out, but still - not one lousy Red in three packs!?!



I also got a few inserts, including a Year in Review card of Jake Peavy (I like this insert set), an Own the Game card of David Ortiz, a Clay Buchholz trading card history card, and a Willie Randolf black bordered card numbered 23/57. I LOVE the black bordered card - I've never pulled one of those before (most likely because I never seem to buy hobby base Topps cards), but the border is MUCH sharper looking than those more common gold border parallels.




Thanks again Matt!

Comments

  1. I cannot believe I missed the free card giveaway! Congrats!
    Do you collect football cards also or just baseball?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only do the baseball cards...that's enough collecting! I follow pro and college football as well as baseball...but I've never gotten into any sports cards beside baseball - not sure why exactly, but it's probably just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mickey and Papi cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet stuff Chris! I know I need to be a better reader lately, only highlighted by this...

    I repent! I repent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment