Featured Post

Trade with Danny from Saints of the Cheap Seats

In my mailbox today was another package from the extremely generous Danny at Saints of the Cheap Seats. Danny and I worked out a small swap before the holiday season - which he proceeded to sweeten a bit by throwing in some more Cincinnati Reds cards.

I agreed to send Danny some of my Allen & Ginter inserts and a couple of Goudey Hit Parade of Champion cards, in return, Danny knocked some more cards off of my want list.

First, Danny sent me four more UD Spectrum cards. This is still an ugly set (I've said that before), but now I'm within 15 cards or so of having it complete. As a special bonus, one of the cards I needed was Ken Griffey Jr (as a Red) - it's always nice to get a card I need for a set AND have it be a Cincinnati Reds.


Danny also sent me a card of poor big-eared Luke Hochevar from UD Masterpieces (a much less ugly set). Besides those, he sent a pile of Reds cards, including:

1994 Pinnacle: Joe Oliver
1997 Pacific Collection: Willie Greene
1998 Pacific Collection: Brett Tomko
1999 Pacific: Eduardo Perez, Pat Watkins, Pete Harnisch, and Mike Remlinger
The Mike Remlinger card is special to me since Mike is one of the few Cincinnati Reds whose autographs I have acquired in person. Unfortunately for me, I had him sign my ballcap with a ball point pen and the signature has almost faded entirely away by now.


2000 Pacific Paramount: Mike Cameron, Greg Vaughn
2000 Fleer Ultra: Sean Casey, Pete Harnisch, Greg Vaughn, Eddie Taubensee, Scott Williamson, Dmitri Young
The Dmitri Young card has photography that makes Ultra feel like a higher end set.

Thanks again Danny. I will (hopefully) have your cards out to you next week - the holidays are a busy time, but after the 1st things settle back down into the normal routine for me. Anyone else want to trade? Check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments