Featured Post

2008 Topps Heritage High Series - 4 Packs

Like a broken record (am I dating myself a bit with that reference?), I headed back to Wal*Mart and walked away with 2 more Topps Heritage High Series packs. Later in the evening, I found myself back at Wal*Mart (don't ask)...and it was another 2 packs of Heritage High Series walking out the door with me.

Pack 1:

503 Johnny Cueto (RC) - A nice card of Cueto. I hope he can build upon his success last year for my Redlegs. The best part of this card is that I needed it for my set!


554 Vicente Padilla - Wow, the first two cards (numerically) in the pack are both cards I need. That's bound to end shortly...
649 David Dellucci (Black back) - Duplicate (told ya)
652 Glen Perkins - Another missing card, excellent!
659 Ryan Freel (Black back)

TN10 Sam Jones / CC Sabathia - I don't have many of these, but this one I already had. Bummer.

UH160 Orlando Cebrera - No one cares about Updates and Highlights...although if I keep buying these packs I'll have enough of this set to be tempted... MUST....NOT...COLLECT....ANYMORE....2008.....SETS.....
UH228 Joe Blanton

Pack 2:

553 Jonny Gomes - Another needed card. Can this pack top the last pack?
551 Clete Thomas - Two for two so far with needed cards...


619 Blake DeWitt (RC) - (green back semi-short print) Three for three!
623 Eric Hinske - Booooooooooooo (double)
653 Alfredo Amezaga - (green back semi-short print) Four for five, not bad.
C272 Erick Aybar (CHROME #0600/1959) - Chrome is nice. I collected last year's Chrome Heritage set, but I decided to sit this one out (good thing too since the middle of the set was seeded in packs of Topps Chrome which I don't like much).

UH221 J.D. Drew - *yawn*
UH307 Greg Norton

Pack 3:

535 Curtis Granderson - Had it.
536 A.J. Pierzynski - Had it.
602 Scott Hairston (Black back) - Had it.
649 David Dellucci (Black back) - Had it.
683 Jorge Cantu - Had it.
688 Gio Gonzalez (RC) (short print) - Already had it...probably eBay fodder.

UH57 Ramon Castro - meh.
UH197 Michael Young
Scary stick of rather repulsive bubblegum - This was a terrible pack (all doubles) that was only compounded by this scary looking stick of horrible tasting bubblegum. What a waste.


Pack 4:

520 Cliff Lee - Had it.

530 Mike Mussina - Had it. Mike Mussina lives a few towns away from me, but I've never met him. I'd like for him to sign this card for me...but I've heard rumors that he refuses to sign cards in person.

544 Sean Gallagher - Had it.
550 Ryan Dempster - Had it. I remember when my father and I referred to Mr. Dempster as Ryan "Dumpster" because he pitched so poorly for the Reds. He had a 6.19 and then a 6.54 ERA for the Reds in 2002/2003. Since joining the Cubs in 2004, he has posted ERAs of 3.92, 3.13, 4.80, and 4.73. That's reason enough for me to not like him.
605 Greg Reynolds (RC) - Had it.
621 Jeff Samardzija (Black back) - Had it.
UH31 Marco Scutaro - I still don't care about these.
UH239 Milton Bradley

Overall, I would have done great if I had bought the first two packs and left the second two packs behind. I still haven't pulled a relic or autograph from the High Series (and the short prints have been tough to find as well it seems). I did knock a few more cards off the want list though, so that's good. I'm hoping that my box that I ordered off of eBay will help knock the vast majority of my needed cards off my want list. I do know I'll have a pile of these for trade shortly.

Comments

  1. As always, I'd love to trade for the Indians in there, especially the Lee and Sabathia T&N. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the "Then & Now" card best

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh...the classic pink rubber slab disguised as gum...doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:20 PM

    A Sam Jones card! Wowww! SAD SAM JONES!

    Mussina is very good about signing through the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danny, any of my extra Indians (or any other card) are up for grabs. I'll be making a complete list of what I have and what I need once my Heritage High Series box arrives.

    CCC: I agree, it was probably the nicest card out of the packs.

    tcp: I don't even think this gum is "rubber"...more like "rock"

    Dinged corners: Interesting, I have a jersey card I'd like signed to add to my collection, I wonder about something like that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment