Featured Post

2008 Topps Heritage High Series Hobby Box Break

It's snowing outside. There's a football game on the television. All of that can't ruin the baseball nostalgia that is Topps Heritage right?

I bought a box of 2008 Heritage High Series off of eBay for an "ok" price, nothing spectacular. I'm still trying to finish the low series of Heritage (please help) and now I've got a bunch of high series cards I need as well...

Box breakdown:
Base cards: 108 (out of 185 in the set = 58%) - I needed 16
Short prints: 9 (out of 35 in the set = 25.7%) - I needed 4



Black back: 8 (out of 35 in the set = 22.9%) - I needed 5

Flashbacks: 3 - I only needed the Fukudome

Then & Now: 2 - I only needed the Banks/Rollins

Rookie Performers: 2 - I only needed the Evan Longoria

Relic: 1 - I didn't have it, but I'm willing to trade it for a "better" relic

Chrome: 7 - Decided not to do the chrome set this year luckily. eBay will see these probably.

Chrome Refractors: 3 - These scanned fairly well, I like the rainbow effect going on. These will see eBay sooner or later as well.

Updates & Highlights: 48 - I told myself I wouldn't collect this set because it annoys me. I might go back on that now that I have so many - curse you Topps and your marketing ploys!

After busting the box, I was a bit disappointed. I LOVED the original (low series) Heritage set this year, but the High Series is tough to like. There are way too many scrubs and guys I've never heard of, even if there are a few good rookies in the set. I'm going to try and complete the set, but I may not attempt the high series set if it's the same way next year.


My want list is now up to date, let's start trading!

Comments

  1. I'm only half-heartedly collecting the high numbers because of that very reason: who ARE these guys?

    I'm hoping they're going to scrap this idea in '09.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should scrap those relic cards too or just make a small set of 10 so its possible to complete it. The relics are so unispired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty sweet looking throw back cards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment