Featured Post

FanOfReds Challenge: 20 Cards (an update)

The replies are starting to roll in - and some of the ideas are quite interesting.

If you missed my post, this is your chance to pick out 20 baseball cards to display - based on any criteria that you want. The full details are in the above linked post.

Here's what we have so far:

Captain Cunuck: If I had such a thing, I would fill it out as a "Then and Now" kinda thing.My Braves starting 8 players, a pitcher, and a reliever... and an all time great Braves starting 8, a pitcher and reliever (or a manager instead of a reliever, whatever)


TheWritersJourney: Good question. I know some of the players that I would select for the display, but don't know which cards in particular. Mario Soto, Kurt Stillwell, Eric Davis, Chris Sabo, Shawon Dunston, and both Ken Griffeys would be in the display somewhere. Maybe a Strawberry, a Gooden, a Grace, a Sandberg. But again, no idea which particular cards for any of them.


tcp: I would go with Red Sox cards from past and present...mainly my favorite players...Williams, Yaz, Rice, Boggs, Clemens, Varitek, Pedroia, Youkilis, Papelbon, Matsuzaka...and I would throw in some interesting/sentimental cards that only mean something to me as well.

Image sources:
http://imamemberofredsoxnation.mlblogs.com/Manny%20Being%20Manny.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01tpeoq74Uf50/610x.jpg
http://www.braves400.org/photos/alltime_check_2.jpg

Comments

  1. LOVE the Big Red Machine pic

    Johnny Bench = best Catcher ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do one of 3 things:

    display the lineup from the Red Sox 04 World Series Team.

    Display the Current Red Sox Team (changing it throughout the year)

    Display 1984 Marino cards. (yes, I have that many in my Marino collection)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like AdamE's idea...the 04 Red Sox WS team would make a great display

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment