Featured Post

NFL Playoff Picks


After watching my Nittany Lions get thrashed, and then catching the end of the game where Utah reminded the nation that they were undefeated, it's time to take a break from the unpredicatable college ball and focus on the overpaid, moody, and sometimes "self-shooting in the thigh" pros. I kid (sort of).

My picks:

Atlanta at Arizona:

My college roommate was a huge Rams fan (back when Warner was a Ram). The rest of us always kidded him about how Warner would throw the ball 10 feet backwards anytime the Rams needed a big play. He didn't like it, but it was true.

My pick: Atlanta wins 28 - 17.




Indianapolis at San Diego:


Did you know Rivers has more passing yards than MVP Manning this year? San Diego can't be overrated because right now everyone is jumping on the Peyton bandwagon. Not me.


My pick: Chargers roll 35 - 21.


Baltimore at Miami:

Baltimore came within inches of having a chance of winning the AFC North. Miami was completely defeated last year (0 - 13) until they played the Ravens. I say the Ravens remember that, muster just enough rage and "they disrespected us" attitude and squeek by the Dolphins.

My pick: Baltimore wins 17 - 16


Philadelphia at Minnesota:


This game is a toss up. Do you take the quarterback who got benched midseason but then was allowed to play again right away (McNabb) or do you take the quarterback who got benched midseason and only got to come back because of injury (Jackson). This game has all the makings of two quarterbacks either: a) exploding with a tremendous output of points because no one believed in either of them OR b) bumbling, fumbling, and throwing interceptions left and right because they both suck. I don't see McNabb falling into the second category (either could potentially fall into category A though).

My pick: Philadelphia scores another one for the road team: 32- 20

So there you have it. Take it to the bank...or don't (that might be wiser given my recent predictions...like Penn State beating USC and Alabama beating Utah...)




Sources:
http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0010/9243/random_key_21714_file_nfl.playoffs_feature.jpg

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:46 PM

    falcons
    colts
    miami
    eagles

    those are my choices, hopefully they will pan out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:39 PM

    I'll go with Arizona, Indy, Baltimore, and CK's Eagles.

    Then again, picking all the aviaries would be an interesting way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment