Featured Post

TV's "24" = Free Autographs and Relics for Me!

Steve, at The Easy Life, came up with a (admittedly slightly morbid) contest involving the body count of each episode of the hit tv show "24". I believe Steve will keep the contest running throughout this entire season, so I invite you to check out the ground rules here.

Thanks to Steve and his "24" body count contest, I am now the proud owner of three new cards.

2006 Bowman Heritage Adam Dunn (bat)


In the past few weeks, I've gone from ZERO Cincinnati Reds relic cards to a fair number of them. I love trading!

2007 Topps 52 Rookies Cory Doyne


Not much to say about Doyne, I've never heard of him. However, I now own three different blue version autographs from this set.

2007 Topps 52 Rookies Billy Petrick 26/52 Ooh, an autograph that's hand-numbered, that's always nice right? With Petrick, I have a total of 4 autographs from the '52 set. Maybe I ought to look into how many different autographs there were total and acquire them...most of the players haven't exactly panned out so far so they shouldn't be too pricey.

The best part (for me at least) is that I don't even watch the show "24". With my work schedule and other events, I can't let myself get addicted to a show that you have watch each week to keep up. And yes, I know TiVo and DVRs and the such exist, but I'm too cheap to have anything like that...

Thanks again Steve! Hopefully I'll get lucky with another guess in the future. The prize really makes me want to dust off the '07 Topps '52 binder and put that set together. I only bought retail packs of that set though, so I know I'm missing a lot of cards, including plenty of short prints. I suppose I ought to finish some of the sets I'm working on right now before adding any more to the want list anyway...

Thanks again Steve!

Comments

  1. you are quite welcome! I am glad that you enjoyed the cards! I am about 75% done with my 52 Rookies set - i'm afraid its one of those sets that I will never really get to though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment