Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Package from Greg at Night Owl Cards

I've been blogging on my current blog for a little over 8 months now, and it that time I've probably completed almost 100 trades with different people (some many, many times)! However, once in a while a reader surprises me with a package of cards, often unannounced.

Recently, Greg from Night Owl Cards sent me a small package that packed quite a punch completely out of the blue.

Greg sent me one of the last few 2008 Allen & Ginter World Icon cards I was missing, A13 King Arthur.

I love this subset, but it's been really, really difficult to put together. I'm only missing a couple more, then I'll have every mini insert set from the 2008 set complete!

In addition to the King Arthur card (which would have been enough as is), Greg also sent me a card I needed for my 1987 Topps set, Mr. John Shelby.

He also sent along a 2008 Upper Deck card of Norris Hopper.

Poor Norris, his helmet looks to be about 3 sizes too big for him!

I also recieved a neat Ken Griffey Jr. card from Upper Deck Ovation. I don't know anything about the Ovation set (I think this is a 2002 card, one of the relatively "dead years" for my collection). The card has raised bumps on the side and features Griffey watching what can only be assumed to be another homerun clear the fence without the aid of any steroids.

Finally, Greg sent a beautiful Topps Chrome Refractor card of Edinson Volquez. I wasn't a big fan of the Topps Chrome set, but I'd love to try to complete the whole Chrome Refractor set because they just look so darn nice.


Thanks again Greg. I'll keep an eye on your lists and hopefully I'll be able to return the favor soon. And to anyone else who wants to set up a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Nice pick ups.
    The 02 Ovation card is part of a 5 card subset of Griffey, 2 Mariners and 3 Reds.
    I got your Masterpieces out today so they should be to you soon.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment