Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Dave from Cardboard Junkie

Although there are currently very few new card products on store shelves (though Topps '09 and Upper Deck '09 are now appearing in some places), the winter season is a great time to work out trades with fellow collectors. One such collector that I worked out a trade with is Dave from Cardboard Junkie.


Dave sent me a package last week, but in a mysterious case of me somehow forgetting to mail his cards out, he (hopefully) got his package within the last couple of days. Of course, good things come to those who wait as I was able to find another three Topps Heritage black back cards he needed.

As for my end of the trade, Dave sent:

2008 UD Timeline:
175 Ian Kennedy
252 Alex Gordon
272 David Wright
(As a side note, I love this subset, but the view of the Reds' stadium is exceedingly disappointing. It's like they were too lazy to take a photo of the "steamship" that Great American is known for and instead went with "what we got already.")

362 Johnny Cueto

370 J. R. Towles



Dave also threw in some Reds cards, including:

1981 Topps:
606 Reds Future Stars (Berenyi, Combe, and Householder)


1982 Topps:
63: Mario Soto


1986 Topps:
595: Dave Parker
677: Nick Esasky

1987 Fleer Update
U-55: Tracy Jones

1994 Sportflics
14: Rob Dibble

I remember the first time I saw these cards I thought they were quite special!

Thanks a lot Dave! If anyone else wants to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer - I'm still looking for quite a few 2008 cards that I'd love to acquire before the '09 collecting season begins in earnest.

Comments

  1. Those future stars didn't quite pan out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lester: I thought the same thing...but it's still a nice card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment