Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Mike from Ryan's Memorabilia

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a blog written by a husband and wife called Ryan's Memorabilia detailing some cards they had opened up, including an Adam Dunn relic. I mentioned I'd like to acquire the card, and then a few emails later, a trade was agreed to and sent.

I sent Mike a pile of 2008 Allen & Ginter cards, a Brian Roberts relic card, and a few Orioles (you can read about what I sent here). In return, Mike sent me some great cards!

Here's what I got:

2008 Allen & Ginter:

Adam Dunn relic:

I briefly contemplated attempting to put together the complete set of relics (minus the prehistoric bones and other super rare "relics")... Although I scrapped that plan, I still like to acquire any of the relics when I can - this one was an extra bonus since it was a Red!

Minis:

I'm down to only needed 13 different regular backed minis to have the entire mini set complete! That's quite exciting - perhaps I'll be able to finish it off before the 2009 A&G set comes out after all.

Ancient Icons:

Three more Ancient Icons off my list as well. The Ancient Icons insert set is the last of the mini insert sets that I need to complete. I love the A&G set for its quirky cards interspersed amongsth the usual baseball players - and the Ancient Icons insert set is a perfect example of that. After all, what other baseball card set boasts Marduk and Miyamoto Musashi as well as Joe Nathan and Adam Dunn?

2006 Topps:

Reds team base card and Reds/Cubs Opening Day insert card.


2004 Fleer Ultra:

#13: Barry Larkin

A card of one of my all-time favorite players!

Many thanks Mike, and to everyone else - check out Ryan's Memorabilia ... and check out my want list as well and make a trade offer!

Comments