Featured Post

Quick Hits - Volume XVII - Dunn Deal?

It's baaaaaaack! My version of Quick Hits is simply what I think about certain issues. Quick Hits gives me a chance to talk about my team, my life, or anything else on my mind. If you aren't prepared for that, leave now! Without further ado, here we go!
1. Adam Dunn has (reportedly) signed a 2-year, $20 million deal with the Washington Nationals (which you may recall I've referred to as Cincinnati East in the past...even more so now). Dunn joins buddy Austin Kearns and GM Jim Bowden in Washington...but the team he joins is probably one of the few teams that are worse than the Cincinnati Reds. In fact, the 2009 Nationals look a lot like the 2004/2005 Reds (lots of power, lots of strikeouts, no pitching to speak of). Look for a long season along the Potomac.

2. Breaking news, Brett Fav-ray retired (again). *Yawn*

3. Manny's down to 1 option (apparently) and that option is the Los Angeles Dodgers now that Abreu has signed. If I'm the Dodgers, I lower my offer by about $10 - 15 million because who else out there will offer close to that? Answer: No one.

4. Miguel Tejada faces deportation and up to a year in jail for lying to congressional investigators. Obviously that causes potential problems for the Astros - but the Astros' chances in 2009 were rather bleak anyhow...

5. The United States plays Mexico in the qualifying round for the CONCACAF. (That's be soccer for those of you who perhaps didn't know). The US team recently moved up to 20th in the FIFA world rankings while Mexico is 24th in the world.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:55 PM

    It's nice that Washington finally found someone who was willing to take their money. Dunn should at least give their fans a little more entertainment value this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 AM

    Not surprising that Jimbo landed Dunn ... interestingly, Dunn is ticketed for first base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. I share your Favre sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hopefully we are hearing the last of the Hyckocrite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul: Agreed - Dunn will at least provide some highlight real moonshots over the course of the season.

    Afa: I was surprised by that too, at least initially. I had heard that Dunn took grounders at first all the time as a Red, but the Cincinnati media reported that Dunn refused to move to first...so I never knew the whole story there.

    Lester: Thanks, and if I never hear about him again it will be too soon.

    3rdSFTS: Indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment