Featured Post

Quick Hits - Volume XXVI - A-Fraud?

It's baaaaaaack! My version of Quick Hits is simply what I think about certain issues. Quick Hits gives me a chance to talk about my team, my life, or anything else on my mind. If you aren't prepared for that, leave now! Without further ado, here we go!
1. The big sports story is of course Alex Rodriguez and his steriod use. I admit I was a bit surprised by this, but I guess I shouldn't have been since whistle-blower extroidinaire Jose Canseco told us he introduced A-rod to steriods a long time ago. It'd be quite the spectacle if the Yankees cut "A-fraud" because of his admitted steriod use, I wonder if there is a provision in his contract that would allow something like that? (And with today's economy, even the Yankees must think at least a little bit about saving that amount of cash!)

2. The big non-sports news story is Barack Obama's stimulus package plan. Now, I'm no economic expert, but it seems fairly obvious to me that the way things are going right now will only lead us to trouble. That said, I'm not sure the economic package will work as intended - but there is apparently no way to know for sure. I guess I have to applaud his attempts at quick action, if nothing else.

3. In the NFL, Big Ben claims he played with cracked ribs in the Super Bowl. The Pittsburgh Steelers are (basically) saying that Big Ben sensationalizes and exaggerates his injuries. Either way, Big Ben's finish to the game was quite spectacular, injured ribs or not.

4. In baseball card news, both Upper Deck base and Topps base sets are out, though I haven't had a chance to see any fresh packs for myself. It's just as well though, because I really want to hold off buying 2009 cards until I've finished my 2008 sets (so any help you can give me is appreciated - see my list here!)

5. My Reds signed Jacque Jones and Daryle Ward to minor league deals. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but then again, Corey Patterson was signed to a minor league deal last year. Just sayin'.

6. And finally, I'm sick - so this was all the posting energy I could muster up this evening. It's back to the NyQuil, a little television, and then hopefully some sleep before another day of teaching!

Comments

  1. Hey, get well! Call in sick! I always loved subs in school! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - there is no provision in the contract per mlbn report
    2 - i agree - bad idea - that said, ill take the money
    3 - get better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23 PM

    Enjoyable read. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:20 AM

    a) Get well.
    b) Darryl Ward will play Valetin's role as the LH bench bat.
    c) Go Reds ... but I don't think they are going anywhere.
    c) Congress is pathetic.
    e) Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get better man. If I hadn't listened to A-Rod I'd feel a little sorry for him since it's wrong the way his name came out. I just can't stand him and hate hearing someone talk about honesty after years of lying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. get better soon dude

    Big Toke had an interesting take on roids that has me rethinking my stance somewhat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the get well wishes and visits everyone.

    As for A-Rod, watch his interview with Katie Couric from a year or so ago and then watch his interview with Peter Gammons from this week.

    Interview one: "Did you ever take steroids" A-Rod: "no, I didn't need to I was good enough with out 'em"

    Interview two: (same question) A-Rod: Yes, in Texas I felt a lot of pressure to perform.

    Now, if he's feeling pressure in Texas and took 'roids, how could he NOT feel more pressure (and resort to other things?) in New York?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment