Saturday, April 04, 2009

Barry Larkin Collection 07: 1990 Donruss

Barry Larkin
Year: 1990
Brand: Donruss
Card Number: 71
While certainly not my favorite set, the 1990 Donruss set does look good for Cincinnati Reds cards (with a bright red border and a light red back, the colors complement the team nicely). This particular Larkin card was one of the first Barry Larkin cards that I pulled out of a pack, I still remember being excited by it as a youngster! For that reason, the 1990 Donruss set will also have a special place in my heart - and should Donruss get a MLB license and then pull a "Topps" and produce a retro-line of cards based on past card designs, I'd probably still buy some of the 1990-inspired cards.

1 comments:

LanceBurnitz said...

I think that red border is ugly in my opinion. I'm a fan of the Fleer set from that year though

Post a Comment