Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Package from Duane at Democratic Roadkill

More yellow envelopes of goodness, this time from Duane at Democratic Roadkill blog.

Here's what Duane sent me:

2009 Topps (white bordered):

146: Glen Perkins
180: Cliff Lee
247: Yuniesky Betancourt

This set is now complete, now it's onto the black bordered and throwback (old school) sets since I'm a sucker.

2009 Topps American Heritage:
89: Will Rogers

This is the last of the "regular" cards I needed from the American Heritage set - all I'm missing are some of the short prints...but I'm sick of political cards so I'm not sure I'll be buying them.

2008 Upper Deck Goudey:
HPC-11: Joe Montana (Hit Parade of Champions)

Another card from the Hit Parade insert set. I've been slowly completing this set...

Assorted Cincinnati Reds:

1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond:
217: Brian Koelling

230: Willie Greene
437: Tony Fernandez

Who the heck is Brian Koelling? I thought I knew all the Reds but he escaped my memory. Of course, with an .067 batting average in 1993 most pitches escaped his bat. According to the back of his card though, he "is a burner on the basepaths who could infuse some speed into the Cincy offense." Sounds a lot like the current Reds team - at least in terms of batting average...

2001 Upper Deck Vintage:
321: Chris Stynes
323: Steve Parris
328: Aaron Boone

It's hard to not like this, despite it being a rip-off of Topps.

2006 Topps Allen & Ginter:
102: Brandon Claussen

I never bought any of this set, so any cards from it are appreciated!

Plus one Barry Larkin card that I won't "spoil" here since it's one that I didn't have yet - it will get its own post in the future!

Many thanks for the genorosity Duane. If anyone else wants to work out a trade, check out my want lists and make an offer!

Comments