Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Chris from Stale Gum

I've said it before, but I'm woefully behind in sorting the yellow envelopes full of cards that I've received. I manage to keep up (mostly) with sending out cards, but once the cards come in I usually rip open the envelope, check out the cards, then put them aside so that I am able to write a blog post about it.

However, since time is of the essence right now for any college professor, the larger trade envelopes (which result in more typing and/or scanning), often sit to the side while I cherry pick the easier trade envelopes to write about.

This particular package suffered that fate until today. Behold, from early March (!), a trade from Chris at the Stale Gum blog.

I sent Chris a bunch of '08 Allen & Ginter cards (base, short prints, inserts) and a bunch of 2008 Topps Heritage cards (base, short prints, and inserts). In return, Chris sent me:

2008 American Heritage:
3: Washington Irving
10: Ernest Hemingway
26: William Tecumseh Sherman

34: Thomas Paine
40: Nathan Hale
48: Robert Fulton
54: Frederick Douglass
71: Henry Clay

86: Duke Ellington
92: Henry Ford
98: John Stetson

2008 Topps Heritage:
518: Brandon Boggs

552: Jose Castillo
561: Mike Aviles
577: Ben Zobrist
615: Todd Jones
631: Mike Jacobs
646: Marco Scutaro
663: Mark Ellis

675: Mike Gonzalez
677: Ryan Langerhans
679: Erick Aybar
687: Kevin Slowey
703: Matt Stairs
710: Eric Hurley

Black Backs:
531: Ryan Doumit
595: Clayton Kershaw

619: Blake DeWitt

2008 Upper Deck:
229: Manny Ramirez
522: Brett Tomko
570: Mike Lamb

Star Quest:
(Uncommon)
SQ-6: Travis Hafner
SQ-31: Adam Dunn

SQ-48: Jimmy Rollins
(Rare)
SQ-3: Prince Fielder
SQ-35: C.C. Sabathia
SQ-36: Carlos Beltran
(Super Rare)
SQ-19: Jose Reyes

Many thanks Chris - and apologies again for the slow posting on my end. If anyone else wants to set up a trade (big or small), check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:45 PM

    I need to get back into the swing of card collecting. It seems that every time I get started again, something stops me.....like money. When did packs become so damn expensive? $2.99 for 6 cards of Upper Deck? There are some less expensive ones but I remember the .50 packs from the late 80's......oh the days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment