Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Kerry from Cards on Cards

Sometimes good things have to wait - such was the case with a package that Kerry from the Cards on Cards blog sent me. About a month ago, Kerry sent me a package that knocked a bunch of cards off of my want lists - AND he included a bunch of Cincinnati Reds cards including a bunch of Barry Larkin cards that I didn't own!

In return for the cards Kerry sent me, I sent a mini Target Topps Heritage insert, a bunch of 2008 Topps Heritage cards, a Heritage chrome card, and a UD Timelines gold card.

Here's what I got:

2008 Upper Deck Timeline:
74: Justin Ruggiano
92: Robinzon Diaz
157: Travis Hafner
180: Evan Longoria
299: Felix Hernandez

316: Ian Kennedy
318: Chin-Lung Hu
338: Kosuke Fukudome

I really like the Timeline set, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to finish it. Besides the 8 cards that Kerry sent me, I've received virtually NO cards in trades...and buying a third hobby box is a waste of money since I already have the entire base set, plus most of the "easy to find" short prints. I guess I could find a site and buy all the missing singles...but I'm not sure I want to do that either.

2008 Upper Deck:
706: Calli Crabbe

SQ-49 (common): Joe Mauer
SQ-28 (rare): Brandon Webb

I'm down to only needing 8 base cards from the 2008 Upper Deck set. Unfortunately, it seems that no one has any of these left to trade...

2008 Topps Heritage:
514: Brandon Backe
RP7: Jeff Samardzija (Rookie Performer insert)

I'm close to having the 2008 Heritage set complete as well, mostly missing a few short prints (and I think a base card or two) from both the low series and high series.

2009 Topps (white border):
11: Fernando Tatis
17: Bobby Cox
46: Brad Ziegler
55: J.J. Hardy
180: Cliff Lee
187: Jon Garland
194: Jeremy Guthrie
197: Ronnie Belliard
203: Jair Jurrjens
220: Jay Bruce
247: Yuniesky Betancourt
268: Chris Burke
275: Alex Rios
283: John Baker
294: Brandon Boggs

306: Javier Vazquez
317: Jarrod Saltalamacchia
320: Miguel Cabrera

This group completed my 2009 Topps white bordered set. I'm still looking for 7 of 2009 Topps Wal*Mart black bordered cards and a few more of the 2009 Topps Target old school variation cards.

Assorted Cincinnati Reds:
31 different Reds cards, over 60% of which were new to me!


Plus, another 8 Barry Larkin cards - ALL of which I didn't previously own! I won't show any of those here as they will be incorporated into my "Barry Larkin Collection" posts!

Many, many thanks Kerry for the AWESOME package. Between all the cards I needed, the Barry Larkin cards I didn't have, and the assorted Reds, this was definitely better than opening up a $20 blaster! As always, if you want to set up a trade with me, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you liked the cards. I had seen your Barry Larkin posts, so I was hoping I could add to your collection there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks! I've got a bunch of Larkin posts waiting to be written and posted...the Larkins from recent trades will be added to the queue!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment