Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 20: 1991 Upper Deck #SS18

Barry Larkin
Year: 1991
Brand: Upper Deck
Subset: Silver Slugger Insert Set
Card number: SS18

This was one of my most joyous "pulls" ever. I still remember opening the pack and pulling out this "super rare" Larkin card. Of course, the card doesn't have any serial numbers, tiny patches of bats, clothing, or stadium seats, or even a scribbled autograph - but it's still one of my all-time favorite Barry Larkin cards strictly because of the joy it gave me when I first got it. I can only hope that young (potential) card collectors get the opportunity to open a pack and pull a certain card that they also can fall in love with, regardless of "Beckett value" or any other numerical valuation.

Note: This card is the second Barry Larkin card I have from the 1991 Upper Deck set - you can see the first one here.

Comments