Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Package from Matt at Heartbreaking Cards

I've said it before, but one of the great things about the baseball card blogging community is that many of the members will pull a certain card and instantly think "oh, I bet so and so would love this card." Well, Matt from the excellent Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius blog must have done just that when he pulled a Barry Larkin card (and, as it turns out, a Larkin card that I didn't previously own)!

Matt sent me a bunch of cards out of the blue, including:

1996 Topps Stadium Club

I didn't collect much of this set when I was younger - it was probably out of my price range at the time. However, it's easy to see why Stadium Club was known for their photography!

276. Chad Mottola
277. Ruben Sierra
292. Hal Morris


303. Jeff Brantley

323. Pete Schourek

2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX

I did buy a pack or two of this set when it came out, but I distinctly remember feeling like I didn't get my money's worth. Of course, that was probably because I didn't pull any Reds - and certainly not a Larkin card! The Barry Larkin card below will get its own entry in my Barry Larkin Collection series as well, but I wanted to show it off here too! It should be noted that the scans don't do the "shiny-ness" of the cards justice...

70. Barry Larkin

71. Dante Bichette
72. Sean Casey

73. Ken Griffey Jr.



Thanks again Matt - and I'll be sure to keep you in mind for any Royals and/or Mariners I happen to pull!

As always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade - please check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment