Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Scott from Hand Collated

You ever have a big envelope sitting around that you keep putting off writing about because you know it'll be a lot of scanning? Yeah, me too.

This is a LONG overdue thank you post to Scott over at the excellent Hand Collated blog from a trade completed in March (I know, I know - but I told you it was sitting around for a long time, I wasn't kidding!)

Anyhow, way back when I sent Scott seven 2009 Topps black cards and a couple of 2009 Topps insert cards. In return, he sent me a big 'ol stack of 2009 Topps Old School Target cards. Let's take a look at these cards that have been hiding in that yellow envelope for months! (For the record, I always open the envelopes the day they arrive but I leave the cards in them for my write-ups, otherwise I know I'll forget to blog about 'em!)

2009 Topps Old School Target cards:

6. Raul Ibanez
15. Nate McClouth - I don't think I'll ever got tired of pictures where there's dirt flying on a slide into home.
16. Postseason Highlights - Evan Longoria
21. Jack Wilson
25. Jon Lester
52. Marco Scutaro
58. Travis Snider
63. Josh Outman
66. 2008 AL MVP - Dustin Pedroia
69. Rich Aurilia
86. Kila Ka'Aihue - Good 'ol Kila is shaping up to be my "Kosuke Fukudome" of 2009. Last year it seemed I pulled Kosuke in every other pack, this year the early leader for this "honor" is Kila.

105. Francisco Liriano
111. Troy Percival
118. Josh Johnson
161. Brendan Harris - This is a fairly standard picture except for Harris' eyes. He's clearly looking scared, like there's some sort of impending doom just out of the border of the card.

171. Jeff Bailey
179. Rafael Furcal
188. Josh Bard
190. Chien-Ming Wang
218. Emmanuel Burriss - Not a lot to say about this card, except notice that it appears Emmanuel lost his arm (and bat) on a vicious swing.

244. Sean Rodriguez
261. Jose Bautista - More pictures of people sliding into bases, this time though the photographer was a little too slow to pick up the cloud of dust. Even so, I still like this photo.

266. Todd Wellemeyer
285. Justin Duchscherer
286. Odalis Perez
303. Zach Duke - I think all Pirates look better on old cardboard stock instead of the standard thin, glossy cards.

313. Jamey Carroll
327. Phil Coke - If anyone can knock Kila off the "I get way too many of this particular player who has yet to prove anything in the big leagues" throne, it's Mr. Coke.


Thanks again Scott (and sorry for the delay in posting this...what's a few months anyhow?)! As always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:04 PM

    I would like those cards a lot more if they didn't have all that ugly foil on them. I will eventually purchase the Reds team set when it comes out, but I'm not wasting my money on packs this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment