Featured Post

2009 Allen & Ginter Box #2 Breakdown

My first hobby box is being (slowly) revealed as part of the Gint-a-Cuffs competition. At the time, I had thought I would use my first two hobby boxes as my two entries in the contest...but after scanning the cards (and doing a small write-up) for 24 packs, I simply didn't have it in me to do the same thing for another box...and I really wanted to collate and organize all my A&G cards tonight!

As such, I'll provide the highlights from the second box - and lament that fact that this *might* have been a 300 point box...especially since I think I pulled at least one card of every favorite player on the list!

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Hobby Box 2 Breakdown

Base cards: 119/300 = 39.67%
Short prints: 13/50 = 26%
Regular minis: 11/300 = 3.67%
Regular minis short prints: 2/50 = 4%
A&G ad minis: 5/300 = 1.67%
A&G ad minis short prints: 0/50 = 0%
Black bordered minis: 2/300 = 0.67%
Black bordered minis short prints: 1/50 = 2%

National Heroes: 1/40 = 2.5%

Hoaxes, Hoodwinks, and Bamboozles: 2/20 = 10%

National Pride: 24/75 = 32%
Sketch Cards: 4/25 = 16%

Code Card Parallels: 2/100 = 2%

Hits:
Relics:

1 from Group A: (1:100 packs) Bryan Berg

1 from Group D: (1:17 packs) Ryan Howard

Auto:
1 from Group B: (1:51 packs) Willie Williams
I was quite happy with this box... I pulled my first ever autograph from Allen & Ginter (they had eluded me for the previous two years of collecting)! I also pulled my first non-baseball relic ever...and a kind of neat one at that...I believe the playing card is a King that's been sliced up. I also was happy with the "standard" relic since Ryan Howard is a good player...and perhaps good trade bait too! On the other hand, I still have pulled any of the "secret" mini cards...and that's a shame since they are going to be expensive to try to buy on eBay if I have to go that route eventually.

Comments

  1. That is a cool relic, and a nice auto to boot.

    But 300 points? I tend to think not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Impressive box indeed. Droolin' over that auto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, if the card-stacking champ stacked baseball cards instead of playing cards, would there be a cut-up baseball cards as the relic piece on the card? Then the baseball card wouldn't merely be a baseball card, but a "relic." You follow?

    Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I really liked the auto! Heck, I even liked the non-sports relic...it was kind of unique and cool I thought. (Obviously A&G is a set built for me as there isn't much I don't like about it, haha.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment