Featured Post

Breaking News: Topps Responds (But I Don't Like It)

Last Friday, I purchased a couple of blasters of 2009 Topps Series 2 with the Wal*Mart black bordered parallels and was disappointed at how few black bordered cards I got... I then emailed Topps to find out if they were planning on releasing full blasters of the parallel sets like they did for Series 1. Today, Topps responded:

Thank you for your question regarding the Walmart and Target exclusive
blaster product.

Due to an overwhelming response from our customers, we adapted the Series 2 product to include 2 black or throwback parallel packs, depending on the specific blaster exclusive. We always strive to take the customer opinions into account and develop our products in ways that will assist as many of our customers as possible. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans to release all black or throwback blasters at Target or Walmart currently for Series 2. We will, of course, forward any information or suggestions that you have in regards to these products to the brand management teams for review and consideration for future product.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team (By
phone: 1-800-489-9149, or by Email:support@etopps.com) if you ever have any
other questions, comments or suggestions. A customer service representative will
be available to answer your questions between the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm
(EST), Monday through Friday.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write. We appreciate your interest in Topps products and hope you continue to collect.

Sincerely,
Topps Customer Service team



So... In short, Topps completely killed the goose that laid the Golden Eggs for Series 2.

There's no way I'll buy blasters when I can only get 12 variation cards for 20 bucks...especially since I didn't know that's what Topps was planning and already completed the majority of the white bordered Series 2 set. Sometimes I wonder if the card companies have meetings where they just sit around and figure out how to screw their customers in new and unique ways...

In other news, I'll have more money to spend on Allen & Ginter and (most likely) that Goodwin set that Upper Deck is putting out. Hear that Topps? Money that would have gone to you for the variation sets is now going to go to Upper Deck...and I'm betting I'm not the only one who is going to do that.

One positive that needs to be noted though, Topps did respond in a timely manner and was, once again, helpful (even if I didn't like the answer). I know a lot of people have had trouble with Topps, especially with redemption shipping times, but I've been treated quite well by their customer service on both of my inquries.

Image source:
http://artdinkin.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/08/golden_egg.jpg">http://artdinkin.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/08/golden_egg.jpg

Comments

  1. Yup, no incentive now to buy a Topps Series 2 blaster. I'm 4 cards away from the regular base set. Why put down $19.99 to get 2 black-border packs and maybe 4 other insert cards I need?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment