Featured Post

Photo Blogging: 4th of July

I hope everyone had a happy (and safe) 4th of July. Here are a few shots of the fireworks from my area - a surprisingly good show I must say, I was impressed!

Williamsport, PA 4th of July fireworks:

The city of Williamsport closes one of the main bridges that connects the city to South Williamsport and then shoots off fireworks over the river. It's quite a sight to see.


Happy 4th!


I decided to try taking some photos with my digital camera...I was impressed with the fireworks setting! The mode seemed to work quite well, especially if I zoomed in enough to cut the annoying street lamp out of the view.


I think it looks more like a jellyfish or perhaps an electric jellyfish if only there were such a thing.

I was amazed at what the camera "saw" versus what the human eye sees when watching fireworks.

I'm off to Best Buy later today to buy a new digital camera. I'm heading to Greece later this month and would like a camera with a great optical zoom for the trip!

Comments

  1. Those are great photos ! What kind of camera are you using ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I took the photos using a Kodak EasyShare M883 camera. It's a nice little pocket camera, I've been pleased with it for the most part.

    I'm heading to Best Buy today though to buy a new Nikon camera, I'll have to test it out and throw some pictures up on here when I do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment