Featured Post

Photo Blogging: Citizens Bank Park - Reds vs. Phillies

A few weeks ago, I went to Washington D.C. to watch the Reds take on the Nationals in what turned out to be a really boring game. Yesterday, I drove down to Philadelphia to watch my Reds take on the Phillies in what turned out to be an awesome game!

This was my third time attending a game in the new Phillies ballpark. Each time, I've been impressed by the ballpark - and not impressed with most of the fans sitting near me!

For yesterday's game, I was one of about 4 Reds fans in the entire park - and the Phillies fans sitting around me made sure I knew that for the first couple of innings...especially when the Phillies went ahead 3-0...


Our seats were in the highest deck (we bought tickets that day), the view was still quite nice. If you decide to go to the ballpark, the third base side gets the shade during the evening - we were lucky since it was almost 90 degrees out when the game started!


Once the Reds tied the game up at 3, most of the fans sitting around me stopped trying to give me grief. They didn't appreciate me clapping everytime the Phillies stranded another runner at third though.


At this point, the Reds went ahead in the 9th inning off "Lights Out Lidge"! I was quite excited, and although the Phillies had a couple of deeeeeeeeeeep outs in the bottom of the 9th, Cordero managed to secure the save and a Reds win! At this point, I thought Phillie fans were going to team up and throw me off the 4th level of stands since I was standing and cheering but luckily they didn't. As it turned out, they were simply racing to their cars since leaving the ballpark is NOT a fun task...

On the way out of the ballpark, fans drive all over the parking lot which results in a giant, stagnant pile of cars, exhaust, and ornery Phillies fans... We decided to sit in our vehicle, listen to the radio, and wait out the rush...it seemed to be a more ideal solution than getting rear ended or side-swiped by fans in a rush without driving skills.

All together, it was a fun game - and we certainly picked a much better game to attend than the 22-1 beatdown of the Reds the night before.

Comments

  1. Wish I would have known you were there, I could of given you some tips - especially on the exit procedures. Gettin buried in the linc lot is never fun.

    Things worked out for us too, we went to the Weds game so I too got a W (for the Phils).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:41 AM

    Congrats on seeing the one win in Philly. Two of the other 3 could have gone for the Reds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment