Featured Post

Cards for Clunkers 01: Topps Chrome XFractors

Although not an entirely original idea, here's the first round of Cards for Clunkers. (My sincere apologies to everyone who has done something similar before, perhaps even with the same name. I knew I liked the idea when I saw it...but now I forget where I saw it - tell me and I'll gladly give you a link as an example of a great idea!)

Here's how this works. I'll make a bunch of cards (aka clunkers) available for trade - you make an offer for whichever card(s) you want and whatever cards you are going to offer (based on my want list preferably). From there, I'll evaluate your offer...and then off in the mail will go the clunkers, hopefully to a home that will appreciate them more than I have.

Cards for Clunkers 01: 2008 Topps Chrome XFractors

I admit it, I simply don't get the appeal of these very shiny cards. I bought a blaster (or maybe two) last year and the cards have been sitting around gathering dust since then. Here's the XFractors that are available.

9. Joe Mauer - Twins
48. Phil Hughes - Yankees

93. Fausto Carmona - Indians
106. Johnny Damon - Yankees

151. Curtis Granderson - Tigers
155. Joba Chamberlain - Yankees
159. Rich Hill - Cubs


There you have it folks - and with three Yankees out of seven XFractors, you can see why I consider these clunkers! Check out my want list and make your offers! No reasonable offers will be denied...and first responses will get priority.

Comments

  1. That may have been Dinged Corners.That's where I first saw a similar concept.I know all about "clunkers" being in the car business.Those do not look like clunkers,well. maybe the Yankee cards! I am definitely interested in the Carmona.I will check your lists and get back to you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got dibs on the Joba xfractor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely be interested in the Joba, Hughes and Mauer... I'm outta town this weekend, but I'll go through my stuff against your lists when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slette can take the Hughes and Mauer, but I want the Joba, and I claimed it already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I claimed it already" - really? I'd say that's up to the actual owner of the cards to decide who gets what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note to all: I will be posting a new edition of Cards for Clunkers with the goal of avoiding me having to choose who gets a card when multiple people want it! Check it out, it's first come first serve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment