Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Brian in Texas

Awhile back I received a rather cryptic email from a blog reader saying he had a couple of Jay Bruce "hits" from '09 Allen & Ginter for me if I was interested. Of course I was - and I promptly asked what he wanted in return... "Oh whatever, I like the Rangers." And that was it...or so I thought.

Yesterday, a yellow envelope arrived containing those aforementioned Jay Bruce hits...plus a whole slew of awesome Reds cards...

Let's dig in:



2009 Allen & Ginter:
Jay Bruce Relic

Jay Bruce Autograph

The two Jay Bruce cards are easily my favorite two "hits" that I own from Allen & Ginter this year, well - those and the silk cards! Hard for me to believe that in 4 hobby boxes plus 4 retail blasters that I didn't pull a single Red "hit"...but luckily for me other people do and are usually willing to part with 'em!

2000 Upper Deck SPX:
Sean Casey Autograph

A nice card, I don't believe I've ever opened a pack (from any year) of any version of the SP brand from Upper Deck...and seeing cards like this makes me a little bit sad that I haven't.

2002 Topps Finest XFractor:
Ken Griffey Jr.

I'm not normally a sucker for all things shiny (in fact, I generally like the retro themed sets better), but this is a reallllllllly nice and shiny card! I guess it's an Xfractor which probably meant it was a rare pull - too bad because I'd buy a box of cards if they were all like this!

2002 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes:
Ken Griffey Jr.

2009 Upper Deck Icons:
Joey Votto

Votto is probably the only Red in Icons (I'm too lazy to look...much like Upper Deck was too lazy to actually design a decent set this year)...anyhow, this means I don't need to buy Icons...which is good since I already got sucked into both Goudey and Spectrum.

2002 Fleer Showcase:
Ken Griffey Jr.

Another nice card...cards like this make me wish that Fleer was still around...I always kind of liked their cards.

2000 Upper Deck SP Authentic:
Ken Griffey Jr.

Another interesting card, this one is much flashier in person...

Plus a few more I didn't scan including a 2009 Topps Commemorative patch of Frank Robinson, two more Ken Griffey Jr. cards that I didn't previously own, a Jolbert Cabrera '08 Updates & Highlight card, a rated rookie of Jackson Melian (some Red who I've never heard of), a rather pink version of a Chris Booker Fleer card, and finally an Adam Dunn '02 Fleer card that I didn't own.

Thanks a ton Brian - and your cards went in the mail today! If anyone else would like to work out a trade, you know the drill...check out my want list and then make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Awesome Casey auto! It's hard to find those cards without faded ink on them but yours is nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment