Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Dan of Saints of the Cheap Seats

More yellow envelopes - this one is a jam-packed envelope courtesy of Dan from the excellent Saints of the Cheap Seats blog. Dan and I have completed a bunch of trades over the last year or so, so I already knew he was a generous trader, however, the latest package blew me away as it was basically "for future considerations."

Dan sent me a big 'ol stack of 1985 Topps, I'm slowly but surely whittling down my want list for that set. The '85 Topps set is one of the few Topps sets from the 80s that I don't have complete! He also threw in some Reds (including two Barry Larkin cards that I didn't yet own) and a couple of other cards from my assorted wantlists.

Here's a brief sample of some of the cards Dan sent:

1985 Topps:


2008 Upper Deck Timeline from my want list:


Assorted Cincinnati Reds:
I like the Sweet Spot cards. I have only ever bought one tin of the stuff (from Target) and wasn't impressed...but this is a nice card - I bet I would have bought more Sweet Spot had I actually pulled a player that I like.
Alright, I'm puzzled by this one - what set is it from? No matter, I love the card...I just need to figure out what set it is so that perhaps I can buy some more!
And finally, a couple of Topps Finest cards. I'm always thankful when people trade me higher end cards - I don't have any hobby shops near me to be able to pick up a pack or two of stuff like that...and there's no way I can ever buy a full box of this stuff, way out of my budget. Therefore, anytime someone sends me some "high end" Reds it's almost a 100% chance it'll be a card that I didn't have!

Thanks a lot Dan! If anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. The Griffey card is from the Topps Prestige set. But that's about all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that Topps Pristine. The fancy names confuse me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only purchased one pack of 2008 Sweet Spot as well. I pulled a Ken Griffey Jr autographed bat card and figured that there weren't many cards I could do better with so why not quit while I was ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment