Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Duel Blaster Wars: 2008 Topps Stadium Club - Pack 8

Continuing the 2008 Topps Stadium Club Blaster Wars, it's time to crack open pack #8, the final pack of the blasters.

Pack 8

Blaster 1:
17. B.J. Upton
32. Roy Halladay (+5 points, 1 for each camera I could find in the photo)

79. Derrek Lee
106. Eric Hurley
21. Jacoby Ellsbury - First Day Issue
Total: 5 points

Blaster 2:
49. John Smoltz
70. Brian McCann
134. Wladimir Balentien
149B. Hiroki Kuroda - First Day Issue (+10 points, needed it!)

Beam Team Auto - Black & White Version:
BTA-DY. Delwyn Young (#59/99) (That's gotta be worth +40 points. The Black & White version autographs are seeded 1 in every 460 packs!)

Total: 50 points

Standings so far:
Blaster 1:
39 points
Blaster 2: 109 points
Total cards knocked off my want list: 6

Well, an autograph turned up but it was in Blaster 2...clearly I should have bought Blaster 2 and left Blaster 1 on the shelf. At least I got a few cards that I needed...and a fairly sweet auto! As always, any card that I didn't list as "needed" are available for trade...check out my want list and make an offer!

3 comments:

night owl said...

They made black and white versions of the Beam autos?

What? Why?

Flash said...

The local Target has Stadium Club Blasters for $9.99. After seeing that maybe I should give it a shot.

FanOfReds said...

Night owl: I don't know why...I LOVE the stained glass look on the "regular" Beam Team autos...the black and whites don't do much for me, even if they are serially numebered.

Flash: That's exactly what I did...one blaster was pretty good, the other was lousy - I guess it's a gamble but a much better gamble at 9.99 instead of 19.99!

Post a Comment