Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Charles from Behind These Hazel Eyes

Awhile back, Charles from Behind These Hazel Eyes agreed to take a few "clunkers" off my hands in return for a few '09 Allen & Ginter minis for my collection.

2009 Allen & Ginter minis:
334. Pat Burrell
335. Justin Duchscherer
344. Chris Young

Charles also sent along a bunch of assorted Reds cards, including:

2005 Donruss Team Heroes
Autograph!
Jacob Cruz

I won't lie, I don't remember Cruz being a Red at all...the back of the card claims Cruz is "one of the better pinch-hitters in the National League."

2006 Flair Showcase:
Base:
33. Ryan Freel
47. Chris Denorfia

These are thick, shiny cards that I've never seen before this trade. I must admit, I kind of like them!

Wave of the Future insert:
Cody Ross

'Ol Cody was a Red for about a week...just long enough to get a card with a Reds logo slapped on top of his Dodgers uniform. Kind of a cool card though, and I never bought any Flair Showcase cards when they came out.

2005 Bowman Heritage:
343. Jay Bruce

This card is thicker than a lot of the "dummy" cards in packs these days and is printed on a really dark cardboard. It kind of looks like Topps ran out of regular card stock so they headed over to the liquor store and grabbed a bunch of cardboard boxes, cut 'em up, and printed cards on them.

Thanks a lot Charles! And as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, please check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Wow .... player cards sure have come a long way!

    Merry Christmas FanOfReds. Hopefully a contender comes in 2010! Who knows, that gift may be asking too much.

    Nonetheless, thanks for sharing your insight throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:52 AM

    I'm also a Reds fan and collector. I actually just got a printing plate for that Flair Showcase Chris Denorfia. It's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment