Featured Post

Nachos Grande Ranks MLB: #9 - Colorado Rockies

Nachos Grande favorite MLB teams from #30 - #1.

Throughout the offseason (and possibly beyond depending on time), I thought it’d be interesting to rank the Major League Baseball teams in terms of how much I like and/or dislike them. Of course, everyone knows my favorite team is the Reds, and probably everyone knows what my least favorite team is too…and so I’ll be writing up the team reports in an arbitrary order to keep things interesting. In the end, you’ll have my entire list. Also, ALL cards shown on each team's write-up are available for trade.

#9. Colorado Rockies




There’s been quite a bit of discussion within the card blog-o-sphere that there doesn’t appear to be a bona fide Colorado Rockies collector out there. Like (seemingly) most other people, I neither love nor hate the Rockies…and no, I don’t plan on specifically collecting them either.

I remember when the Rockies and Marlins both joined the big leagues – and I remember being quite excited the first time I pulled a Rockies card and a Marlins card. However, Florida was always closer in proximity to me as compared to Colorado, so when push came to shove I rooted for the fish over the Rockies – at least in the beginning.

At this point, I like the Rockies quite a bit – and definitely more than I like the Marlins. I will always think of the Rockies as the “Mile High” team with lots of homeruns and absolutely no pitching…even if that isn’t necessarily true anymore.

Team pros:
1. Everything I've heard about the state of Colorado is good - but I've never been there.

2. Todd Helton seems like a stand up guy - and he's been a Rockie forever. I appreciate longevity with one team.


Team cons:
1. I'm not a big fan of purple - and the Rockies feature plenty of purple.

2. Humidor.

Overall:
As the first team featured, I can't spoil much about my team rankings - but at #9 the Rockies are the unofficial leaders of the "teams I don't care much about one way or the other". When I constructed my list, I found it interesting that there were plenty of teams that I didn't like, relatively few that I did like, and a surprising number that I didn't have a lot of thoughts about one way or the other.


Nachos Grande Ranks MLB:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9. Colorado Rockies
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

Comments

Post a Comment