Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Chuck from HamRamMobTown

I'll skip the long story for this trade and summarize as follows:

Chuck from HamRamMobTown contacts me about some cards off my want list.

I say yes, please!

Chuck says, oh by the way, I have other awesome cards you like.

I search high and low to find something close to matching what he offered.

Chuck says ok. I say ok. Chuck writes up his end of the trade. I now write up my end of the trade.

End of story.

-----------

Let's dig into the awesome package!

2009 Topps American Heroes:

Obama / Lincoln (short print madness):
(Number of base cards & short prints now missing: 34)
127, 128, 137, and 147

That's right, four short prints right off the bat and they were the worst cards out of the entire trade!

Heroes of Sport:
(Number of Heroes of Sport now missing: 17)
HS-1. Jackie Robinson
HS-9. Tony Dorsett
HS-12. Roy Campanella
HS-13. Dan Marino

These aren't the most exciting insert cards ever, but anytime I get a Jackie Robinson card I'm happy.

Heroes of Spaceflight:
(Number of Heroes of Spaceflight inserts missing: 21)
HSF-8. Project Gemini
HSF-14. Project Gemini
HSF-17. Apollo Program
HSF-20. Apollo Program

I love these cards. That is all. The better space flight cards are coming up next...

Heroes of Spaceflight relics:
HSFR-SL. Spacelab

From the minute I saw the relic offerings in Topps American Heroes Heritage, I hoped that I would pull one... Well, I didn't pull one, but Chuck did - two in fact...and he was generous enough to send me both of them!

HSFR-SSA3. Space Shuttle Atlantis

The relic on the front of the card "is an authentic piece of Space Shuttle Orbiter Payload Bay Liner from Space Shuttle Atlantis." Simply awesome.


2009 Topps:
Turkey Red:
(Number of Turkey Reds missing: 13)
TR14. Chase Utley
Another Turkey Red off the 'ol want list - that's good for me!

2006 Sweet Spot Signatures:
SS-AH. Aaron Harang

This card is pretty sweet, I've got to admit. I've had terrible luck buying Sweet Spot packs and have sworn I'll never buy another one (unless it's super cheap at least)...but if I had pulled one of these autograph cards instead of the crap I got, I'd probably be collecting the entire auto insert set!

2009 Allen & Ginter:
National Heroes:
(Number of National Heroes inserts missing: 9)
NH16. Chiang Kai-Shek.

Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Terror:
(Number of Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Terror missing: 11)
LMT20. Yeti

Another huge addition to my set. The Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Terror are awesome...and that's probably why I've had such terrible luck at trading for them!

And finally, just when I thought this package couldn't be topped...what did I pull out?

That's right, a bonus pack!

An Edison Volquez Topps Finest green parallel, a Dewayne Wise autograph, and a George Foster K-Mart card...all cool - and certainly this pack was better than any pack I've purchased and opened in recent times!


Many, many thanks Chuck! And, as always, if you'd like to make a trade - check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments