Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Adam from Thoughts and Sox

Adam, over at Thoughts and Sox needed a couple of cards that I happened to have...so I mailed 'em off. About a week or so later, a yellow envelope showed up in my mailbox from Adam stuff with a whole bunch of Reds cards - most of which I didn't previously own!

*Side note: It still amazes me how few Cincinnati Reds cards I seem to own...or put another way, it amazes me that whenever people send me a stack of Reds there always seems to be quite a few that I didn't previously own.

Adam sent a whole stack of Reds, but I'll only highlight some of my favorites at the risk of infuriating Thorzul even more with my trade posts...

2008 UD Sweet Spot
Brandon Phillips

I've had piss poor luck with Sweet Spot, but even I have to admit this card is nice.

2009 Goodwin Champions Mini
Joey Votto

I didn't bother collecting the Goodwin set, in fact, I only bought a few loose packs in a show of remarkable constraint on my part. It's not the I didn't like the set (I do like it), but rather that I knew I had to focus my energies on completing the plethora of other sets I was already heavily invested in...

2007 UD Future Stars
Aaron Harang

I thought Harang might turn out to be a superstar pitcher, but a couple of below average seasons have changed my outlook. He's still adept at racking up lots of innings, and he can certainly toss a great game every now and then...but he simply isn't a super star. Sorry Upper Deck, but you got this one wrong.

2008 Topps Finest
Adam Dunn

I don't have a hobby shop near me, so I basically never buy any of the high end sets. I don't even know if finest is a high end set...but it's about 8 billion times shinier than most things I buy so shiny = high end in my book. It's a cool card though!

2006 Bowman ChromeHomer Bailey

2010 is poised to be the year of Homer. If Bailey can finally deliver on his minor league accolades, the Reds have a great rotation in the making... Of course, any lifelong Reds fan is beyond jaded at this point with "can't miss pitchers" (see Wagner, Ryan). It's the same reason that I'm cautiously optimistic about Aroldis Chapman too. However, should Chapman become a number one, coupled with Bailey, Cueto, and Volquez...wow, watch out world.

2009 Upper Deck X
Brandon Phillips

Upper Deck's set didn't really draw me in the past year, and UD X was no exception. I managed to go the entire year without buying any of the set...and judging by 2008's showing, this Phillips card is probably one of about five cards in the set that I'd actually have interest in owning.

2006 Ovation
Adam Dunn

I miss Adam Dunn as a Red. That's really all I can say about that - I'm sick of having my favorite team play in a ballpark built for home runs that only seems to ever benefit the visiting team (Albert Pujols, you are welcome).

Thanks a lot Adam! And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, please check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments