Featured Post

The Great Purging.

It's time for the first Great Purging (and no, I'm not talking about the Great Purging that typically follows a trip to the Taco Bell Drive Thru). Instead, it's time to whittle down my blog list. Whenever I stumble across a new, interesting blog (mostly baseball related, but not always), I try to add it to my blog list so that I can find it again. The problem is, my blog list has grown unmanageably large...too large in fact that when I click "show all" my computer slows down as the list is formulated. As such, any blog that hasn't been updated within the last 12 months is being shown the proverbial door.


However, as a last hurrah, I'll give 'em each one more shot at past glory in an everlasting tribute in this particular blog entry. (Ok, so it's not quite a Pulitzer, but hey, better than rotting away as a bunch of 1s and 0s right?)


Officially retired blogs, along with their "final words."

Green Monster - "I'll be back soon, I promise - I'm already a third of the way through the last book and at the rate I'm going, I'll be done before the weekend." - I guess Scott meant "weekend" in the Biblical sense since its now been over a year since that weekend has passed.


Cardboard Addiction II - "" - This blog was removed awhile ago...but I never noticed it lying dormant because, as I mentioned, my blog list was bloated. It's a lot like that hot dog you had for lunch, you don't notice 'til after the Taco Bell...oh nevermind, you get the idea.


Boxbusters.Net - "" - Another blog that was removed. I really need to purge more often.


BWE: Blog Wrestling Entertainment - "Blog Wrestling Entertainment will now be posted on Basic Bloganomics." -Sometimes a blog retires, sometimes it disappears, and sometimes it simply flees for greener pastures. This particular blog is a holdover from my blogging days over at Sporting News (where I blogged mostly about sports in general, rarely about baseball cards)!


A Good Wine Does Not Have to Cost a Fortune - "" -More proof it was purge time, this blog has also disappeared from the annals of the 'net.


The Ugly Baseball Card Blog - "1. Larry Walker's head is to Darren Daulton's head; as a golf ball is to: a) A tennis ball b) The Earth c) A cement block d) Domingo Ramos" -Yep, goofy, irreverant, and genuinely entertaining...no word what happened to this blog - though the final blog entry was entitled "Pencil's Down" which may have had a double meaning.


Wax Breaker - "Wax Breaker will be going on [official] hiatus until my trip back to Denver in a couple of weeks." - This was the last post, writen on December 11, 2008. Once again, a blogger confused weekends or weeks with years... So it goes.


HaveWant - "" Another blog the disappeared, though this one was simply too ambitious for one person to reasonably maintain. As for the concept, it was excellent - and I've often wished someone picked up the essence of the blog and incorporated it into their own...maybe I should since I have a rather firm vision of what I think would work...but it would require me redoing my entire blog layout which I'm not sure I'm brave enough to mess with at this point.


The NL Central Blog - "Now all we need is for Hairston to stay healthy so we never have to see Corey Patterson again..." Oh my, how things change yet stay the same. It's not Corey Patterson that is the bane of Reds fans anymore, it's Willy Taveras...or as I refer to him, Patterson 2.0.


Encyclopedia Soadica - "Yes yet another piece of a blog this week about Brett Favre. Mr. Favre this past week has expressed more then just interest in coming out of retirement to play another season." - Please note, this was written in 2008...but easily could have been copied and pasted into a similar entry for 2009...and I fear, 2010 as well. Bookmark this page kids, your mid-summer post is all written, just remember to cite your sources!


Major League Baseball Depot - "" - Disappeared without a word.


So there it is, eleven blogs getting the Nachos Grande Flush. Cya next year for another round of pre-spring training cleaning! After the purge, my blog list is still at an unweildly 156 blogs, so perhaps my next purge will happen sooner than next year...there are a bunch of blogs on life-support that'll get flushed next tiem around unless their owner shows back up!

Comments

  1. You can purge The Couch Potato Chronicles from your list, since it no longer exists (long story).

    But, if you would like you can replace it with Confessions of a Lazy Scribe. http://thelazyscribe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
    I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

    Husqvarna Chainsaws

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:25 PM

    nice one, i just made tons of fresh emo backgrounds 2 my blog
    http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment