Featured Post

Super Bowl XLIV - Half-time Thoughts

There's always three stories to every Super Bowl. The first is the game, the second is the commercials, and the third is the half-time show.  As of half-time, let's see how it all breaks down.


The Game (as of half-time):

After one half of the Super Bowl, the defenses are making the plays while the offenses have each taken a quarter off.  I didn't expect a huge scoring showdown (it seems that two great offenses often result in a defensive struggle for some reason), but I did expect the Colts to do something more than a pair of three-and-outs in the second quarter.  Thanks to Cent Sports, I took the Colts and the spread (-5)...so while the score is favorable to my team, the spread is in danger!  I fully expect that to change in the second half though (read below).

The Commercials:
I purposely didn't take notes or anything during the game, so let's see which commercials "stuck with me."  Budweiser had a bunch of ads, though none were particularly good in my opinion.  I laughed at the Dog Collar Doritoes ad, I found the no-pants casual workday ad disturbing, and I'm sick of Danica Patrick trying to titilate me...  I thought the Tim Tebow ad with his mother was a lot of hype and controversy for what ended up being a boring ad pointing you to some website.  I didn't like the Simpsons Coke ad at all, but that might be because I don't particularly like the Simpsons.  The McDonald's ad ending with a cameo by Bird was cute but equally cheesy.  Finally, my favorite "ad" so far was Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory (my favorite comedy) hacking into the Super Bowl...that was classic.

The Half-Time Show:

Initial impression - wow, The Who are somehow older looking than I was expecting...and I wasn't exactly expecting spring chickens running around up there.  At least they have some rhythm, and they seem quite happy to be performing...  I wouldn't expect any wardrobe malfunctions from them, and (happily) they aren't sliding crotch-first into the camera like Springsteen did...

Final Impressions and Prediction:
I still expect the Colts to win the game...and I'm expecting them to pull away a bit from the Saints.  I think if they can put another 10 spot on the board, the Saints will be beaten...  Final score prediction:  Colts 27 - Saints 16.

Comments

  1. And this is why I don't gamble with real money... Saints recover onside kick and go down the field for a touchdown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment