Featured Post

Thanks to All of Ya'll!

I'd like to take a moment give a quick thanks to all of my readers. I started my humble little blog about a year and a half ago, and since then it has (slowly) grown in "hits" and views...up until now where I'm consistently getting 100+ views a day. I've also eclipsed the 42,000 view mark - and I'm on pace to smash through the 45,000 barrier before the end of the month of February. Admittedly, my numbers pale in comparison to most of the "big fish bloggers" out there...but since I'm neither overly witty nor do I bust a lot of "cool stuff"; I'm quite satisfied with my blog's following! 

What I'm not satisfied with is AdSense.  I've had those stupid ads on my blog for the entire existence of this blog, and I haven't even earned enough for a blaster (not to mention that you have to earn over $100 before you will even get a check from mighty Google).  I've pretty much decided that either A) the ads are worthless and only make Google money or B) I have no idea to successfully implement the ads meaning all I'm doing is making Google money.  At the very least you'd think Google would send me a droid or something for my troubles.
Speaking of foreign things, I saw that my blog was linked to by a Russian blog about education (at least I think it's in Russian), along with a variety of baseball card blogs - including a new one (to me at least). Section 36; consider yourself added to my blog roll! I also had visitors from Macedonia, India, and Venezuela amongst other countries! If you'd like to see who is linking to your blog, there are a number of different ways to do so...but the easiest is probably to add a "hit counter" such as site meter which will track how visitors arrived at your blog. I've been amazed at some of the Google searches that have visitors end up at my blog. To see the growth of my blog - and for those who are starting out, to give you an idea of what to expect - check out this old post where I hit the 500 post mark (I'm up to 591 posts written, though there are a few in the "queue" that aren't quite yet visible to the world).

Thanks again to everyone!

PS. A question. Where did spell check go in the new blogger post editor layout?! I'm inherently lazy when it comes to proofreading (which I'm sure you've noticed by now)...without spell check I almost feel bad posting some of my drivel...

Comments

  1. Congrats on the milestone!
    Oh, and your welcome, at least 200 of them are me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What program did you use for the chart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply did a screen capture of the chart from my SiteMeter page. SiteMeter gives different graphical representations of visitors and page views (you can click on the meter on my blog and see what I mean - look on the left hand column for the different options).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big numbers Chris!! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment