Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 45: 1991 Bowman #379

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Bowman
Card number:  379
I've never been a big fan of Bowman cards, even as a young kid I found the brand to be boring.  Looking back, I think I was actually correct as the 1991 Bowman set still seems pretty boring to me, at least based on this card.  The front features Larkin mid-swing and a couple of gold foil bats in the top left corner.  The back features a giant block of text with no pictures.  I'm also thrown off by the blue dominated front of the card and the green cardstock on the back of the card.  The whole thing seems thrown together in a haphazard way.  In short, while I love every Larkin card I own, some of the have to be among my least favorites...this is one such card.

On a side note:  Does anyone know where I can find a complete (preferably downloadable) list of every Barry Larkin printed (or at least the vast majority of them printed)?  As my collection grows, I'd like to maintain a checklist of the cards I have and the cards I need.

Comments

  1. Best thing I can recommend is to get a free account on Beckett.com, search for Barry, and add all of his cards to your "organize." From there, you can either maintain your checklist on beckett's site or make your own spreadsheet manually like I did here: http://tinyurl.com/daulton

    Darren Daulton only has 500ish cards while Larkin has 3,000+ so it might be a bit of a pain for you to put them all in a spreadsheet, but it was worth it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Bowman cards of 1990 and 1991. They were plain simple and cheap. It had a great mix of star cards with rookies. The only bad thing about 1991 Bowman was a full of the cards had gold foil stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment