Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 48: 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game - Bronze Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  2006
Brand:  Fleer Greats of the Game
Card number:  4  (Bronze parallel #251/299)


This particular card marks the first parallel card of a base card already in my Barry Larkin Collection.  I already posted a write up on the base version of the card, most of which is applicable to the parallel:
The 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game set is one of my favorite sets that I've "discovered" long after its release. I'm a sucker for almost any set featuring old-time ballplayers...and then throw in my favorite player (Larkin) and the set basically can't go wrong! That said, the base cards themselves aren't overly exciting, though I do like the full career statistics! This particular Larkin card features Barry as he completes his swing, most likely lining a double up the middle past a diving Cub.

The parallels in the set aren't much more exciting than the regular base cards though the serially numbering does add a bit of "value" I guess.  I don't actively seek out all the parallels for Larkin's cards, but I also won't turn any down.  I am happy that the majority of Larkin's career was spent before the parallel card craze of the 00s...  That will save me a lot of hunting down cards that all essentially the same barring a border color change or some crazy numbering shenanigans.

Comments