Featured Post

Group Break - Last Call! Plenty of teams still available!

Group break reminder!  All details (and updates on which teams are available are at the bottom).  The rest is a reminder of what I'll be busting...  Over 1200 cards will be busted and mailed out - don't miss my first ever group break!

I plan to close the group break on Sunday, March 21 and begin the pack ripping and posting process immediately afterwards.  As always, teams are available on a first-come, first-serve. 

Here's what I'll be busting for the group break:

1 box 1998 UD Collector's Choice  (14 cards per pack / 36 packs)
1 box 1999 UD Collector's Choice  (12 cards per pack / 36 packs)
1 box 2005 Upper Deck Classics  (8 cards per pack / 28 packs per box - 2 Game-Used per box on average)

Plus, I'll also open a few loose packs I had sitting around for rainy day posts just to add some variety:
2 packs of 1988 Topps (15 cards each)
2007 Topps Opening Day  (6 cards)
2008 Topps Series (10 cards - unless a relic in which case 8 cards)

Minimum total number of cards in the break:  1,206 cards!

The break offers a lot of variety - the '98 and '99 Collector's Choice cards are full of modern players and inserts while the Upper Deck Classics is a set full of players from the past (and relics of past players)!  There are also supposed to be some serially-numbered cards in the Upper Deck Classics set, though the odds aren't clearly stated on the box.  In addition, there is a chance of pulling an autograph out of the Classics set (though the odds are quite large).
I also may add a few more packs to the final haul - mostly depending on what I can find at Target this week while I get a bunch of mailing envelops that I now need!

Here's how the group break will work (idea clearly inspired by Collective Troll's group break from a few months ago!).  I will bust the three boxes listed above, plus the "extra packs" and sort ALL the cards from the packs into their respective teams.  Then each team will be mailed out to whoever paid for that team.

1 team:  $8.00 via PayPal/Cash  OR  $6.00 via PayPal/Cash and any 10 cards off my want list
Each additional team:  +$7.00  via PayPal or Cash  OR +$5.00 and another 5 cards off my want list

To claim a team, leave a comment below and then send your payment (to the email address below).  All teams on a first-come, first-serve!

PayPal payments should be made to:  fanofreds dot auctions at gmail dot com
Note:  If you are sending cards off my want list, please let me know FIRST so that I don't get 8 copies of the same 1991 Score card...

Since I don't own any video recording equipment, I can't post video.  However, I will post pack write-ups for every pack that I open - including scans of all the "hits" and interesting cards.  I don't promise to be as detailed in my descriptions as Troll was, but I'll still be sure to list every card opened and scan the cool ones! 

In addition, I will personally add a few cards from my own collection if any teams end up with a "too small" stack!  I know I hate when I enter a group break (even a cheap one) and I only get a couple of cards.  This one promises a nice sized stack for all teams!

Final note:  In the case of multiple players (of multiple teams) on a card, I'll assign the card to one of the pictured teams randomly (random.org or the random number function on my TI-89).  In the case of old teams no longer in existence (from the UD Classics box), I'll random them off at the end.

The teams:
Note:  Any team without a name next to it is available!  Leave a comment claiming a team and then send PayPal payment to the address above in this post.  I will also accept payment through the mail, but please let me know so I can give you my address to send it to (and so I know payment is on its way)!


Anaheim Angels
Arizona Diamondbacks - BA Benny (PAID)
Atlanta Braves - Flywheels (PAID)
Baltimore Orioles - RyanMemorabilia (PAID)
Boston Red Sox - Cardsplitter (PAID)
Chicago Cubs - D. Cottilo (PAID)
Chicago White Sox
Cincinnati Reds - Me (unless someone else wants the Reds)
Cleveland Indians - Baseball Dad (PAID)
Colorado Rockies
Detroit Tigers - Grand Cards (PAID)
Florida Marlins
Houston Astros
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Dodgers
Milwaukee Brewers
Minnesota Twins
New York Mets - The Brooklyn Met (PAID)
New York Yankees - NMCLax24 (Waiting for payment)
Oakland Athletics
Philadelphia Phillies - Deal - (PAID)
Pittsburgh Pirates - NY Hitman 23 (PAID)
St. Louis Cardinals - Ike's Cards (PAID)
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants - dgwbuck2 (PAID)
Seattle Mariners - Dan (PAID)
Tampa Bay Rays
Texas Rangers
Toronto Blue Jays
Washington Nationals / Montreal Expos

Please help me spread the word to get this filled up quickly - post a link on your blog, advertise it, etc.!  All the boxes are in my possession, so as soon as it fills up, I can start the ripping and posting!

Comments