Featured Post

Nachos Grande Group Break: 1998 Collector's Choice Pack 08

I might only be on pack number eight out of this box...but I can already see why people prefer to video record box breaks rather than the pack by pack, card by card breakdown that I'm doing...  It feels like I've typed one hundred of these posts already...but I haven't. 

Oh well, let's keep going or this will never end!

Pack 08 aka "Scattershot"

7.  Jose Cruz Jr. (Blue Jays)
34.  Javier Lopez (Braves)
36.  Denny Neagle  (Braves)

More silver bordered superstar treatment, this one honoring Neagle as an All-Star in 1997.  I think this is the second (or third) different Neagle card I've pulled already, sheesh!
50.  Aaron Sele (Red Sox)
It took awhile to get a Red Sox, but it appears that they won't be lacking in cards!
74.  Bartolo Colon (Indians)
110.  Ben Grieve (Athletics)
117.  Jeremi Gonzalez (Cubs)
148.  Adam Riggs (Dodgers)

154.  Antone Williamson (Brewers)
169.  F. P. Santangelo (Expos)
215.  Gary Gaetti (Cardinals)
238.  Dan Wilson (Mariners)

259.  Roger Clemens (Blue Jays) / Pedro Martinez (Expos)
Two players, two teams, and yet neither was claimed...  Into the "for trade" box it goes.
SQ9.  Kevin Polcovich - StarQuest Special Delivery (Pirates)
One thing that I respect about the Collector's Choice brand is that they "gave love" to a lot of teams, not just the Yankees and Red Sox!  This is the second Pirate insert I've pulled out of eight packs...and while I'm not sure there are any Reds in the StarQuest set - at least there are some of the "other" small market teams making an appearance.

Comments