Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Duane at Democratic Roadkill

It's time to take a much needed break from the Group Break posts in order to highlight a recent envelope full of cards off my want list compliments of Duane over at Democratic Roadkill.

Duane and I have traded a number of times (at least seven times since I started keeping track of all my trades).  And, as usual, the latest envelope revolved around Allen & Ginter mini cards.  It seems that Duane and I both chase the vast majority of the Allen & Ginter mini sets, I go for all the insert sets plus the regular back minis while Duane seems to chase all three versions (regular back, ad back, and black border) of the mini cards. 

Let's see what Duane sent me this time!

2008 Allen & Ginter regular minis:
Thanks to this trade, I'm now only missing three of the 2008 regular back minis: #221, #290 and #308. If you have any of those please let me know!
177.  Evan Longoria
250.  Ichiro
350.  Kevin Youkilis



2009 Upper Deck Goudey:
206.  Ron Santo
216.  Robin Yount
247.  Nicklas Lidstrom
271.  Alex Rodriguez
287.  Dustin Pedroia
288.  Mark Teixeira
299.  Justin Morneau

2009 Allen & Ginter:
Regular back minis:
25.  Evan Longoria
50.  Pat Neshek
95.  David Patton
98.  Josh Whitesell
227.  Nelson Cruz
242.  Mark Teahen
275.  Vladimir Guerrero
278.  Herb Simpson
290.  Cat Osterman
321.  Kelly Shoppach
327.  Kenji Johjima

National Heroes:
I'm now only missing #4, 19, and 27 from the National Heroes set.
NH39.  Benito Juarez

Creatures of Legend, Myth, & Terror:
I'm now only missing #5, 7, 14, 15, and 16 from the Creatures set.
LMT2.  The Loch Ness Monster
LMT10.  Dragon
LMT18.  Werewolf

Sweet - more cards from my favorite insert set of the 2009 edition of Allen & Ginter!

Overall, what a great trade package.  It's been a long time since anyone has traded me any of the 2008 Allen & Ginter minis (mostly because I'm missing so few I think).  In addition, the Goudeys were a nice surprise...that set has frustrated me with the scarcity of the short prints (especially considering that the Goudey short prints don't really have any value nor is there anything special about them).  Once again, thanks a lot Duane!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments