Featured Post

Modern Junk Wax Bonus - Group Break: 2008 Topps Series I

It's the last of the bonus packs, a 2008 Topps Series I retail pack.  I think the 2008 Topps set is one of the most boring sets of all time..how's that for making this pack exciting? 

2008 Topps Series I:

52.  Trevor Hoffman (Padres)
100.  Ryan Howard (Phillies)

118.  Marco Scutaro (Athletics)

122.  Jason Varitek (Red Sox)
152.  Bronson Arroyo (Reds)
167.  Jason Hirsh (Rockies)
185.  Yunel Escobar (Braves)
198.  Shannon Stewart (Athletics)
The second A in the pack, this might be the first pack in which the Athletics "won" the total card count!
295.  Tim Wakefield (Red Sox)
MHR521.  Mickey Mantle - Home Run History (Yankees)
It never fails that I get a Mantle card.  These stupid things haunted my purchases back in '08...and were one of the reasons that I didn't bother actually collecting the set.  According to the pack wrapper, the Mantle card is seeded 1:9 packs making it somewhat rare - especially for a retail pack.

Comments