Featured Post

2004 UD Vintage - Pack 06

2004 UD Vintage
Pack 06

35.  Junior Spivey (Diamondbacks)

119.  Hee Seop Choi (Marlins)
135.  Tim Wakefield (Red Sox)
187.  Carl Everett (White Sox)
221.  Ryan Klesko (Padres)
229.  Ryan Wagner (Reds)
233.  John Olerud (Mariners)

According to legend, "a few weeks into Henderson’s stint with the Mariners, he walked up to Olerud at the batting cage and asked him why he wore a batting helmet in the field. Olerud explained that he had an aneurysm at nine years old and he wore the helmet for protection. Legend goes that Henderson said, 'Yeah, I used to play with a guy that had the same thing.' To which Olerud replied, 'That was me, Rickey.'”
272.  Troy Glaus (Angels)

Comments

  1. I heard that Henderson/Olerud story as well. Absoulutely true as far as I know. They played together three times; with the Blue Jays, Mets, and with the Mariners. I would't be suprised if in Seattle Ricky was like "You know John, I played with two guys who played with a helmit in the field"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment