Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Chris from The Call of Cardboard

One of the side benefits of hosting group breaks is that it provides a great chance to trade with new people - Chris, known as CardSplitter, from The Call of Cardboard is one such person.  Many people have fairly basic blog names, but Chris' is a little more unique once you see why he chose it.  According to his blog bio:
Why cardsplitter? Half of the packs I buy get put in a box for my son, born in March 2009, to open when he is older.
If that isn't just about the coolest idea ever, I don't know what is.  Imagine the treasure trove of packs that kid will have to enjoy as he gets older.  My only advice would be to slowly dole the packs out - otherwise they'll lose their luster!

Now, Chris claimed the Red Sox in my latest group break, so he sent his payment plus a few cards off my want list.  In return, I'll be sending Chris all the Red Sox I pull in the group break (obviously) plus a few cards off his want list. 

The only downside to this trade is a bunch of the cards are now duplicates thanks to another trade I recently received.  You see, I recently decided to stop graying out promised cards on my want list because I was having too many of the proposed trades fall through (or take way too long to complete).  As such, I now figure that worst case scenerio is I'll end up with some extra trade bait - which is exactly what will happen to some of these cards!

Here's what he sent:

2010 Topps:

Tales of the Game:
TOG-1:  Ty Cobb
TOG-17:  Wade Boggs
TOG-23:  Manny Ramirez

Legendary Lineage:
LL24.  Bob Gibson & Tim Lincecum

Peak Performers:
PP-4.  Walter Johnson

PP-21.  Jimmie Foxx
PP-37.  Hanley Ramirez
PP-42.  Ryan Braun

PP-46.  Rogers Hornsby

Thanks a lot Chris!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out. I have not been entirely accurate with keeping up with buying stuff for the boy, but I opened the box holding his packs, there were more than 100, everything from '09 A&G to some 1980s bad wax. I just hope he pulls a few autos and stuff. I figure we will bust it out when he is 8 or 9 and open a few packs together now and then. I am trying to get some packs of the big deal sets of the season, so I guess I will be getting some Bowman for him to rip and say "who?" over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment