Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 54: 1999 Fleer Tradition #14

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Fleer Tradition
Card number:  14

The late 90s Fleer Tradition line was one of my favorite card sets - and this particular Larkin card is a great illustration why.  The front of the card features a full-bleed photo of Larkin in the field seconds before making a webgem-type catch.  The back of the card features a small photo on the left-hand side of Larkin running the bases and full career statistics (which I always appreciate in a card). 

The entire design of the '99 Fleer Tradition set isn't overly flashy, but it works for me.  In fact, if I ever see a box of this set available for sale I'd be likely to snap it up in the hopes of completing my set!  The only improvement I'd make to the set is to get rid of the cursive font for the team names and replace it with some type of font that people could actually read!

Comments