Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Adam over at Thoughts and Sox

I'm beginning to pack my belongings to move into my sixth residence since January 2005...but before I can do that, I've got a bunch of trade envelopes that need to be opened, scanned, and then sorted into the appropriate binders. 

First up, an envelope from Adam over at the Thoughts and Sox blog.

Adam sent me a bunch of cards from my 2010 Topps want list including the following:

History of the Game: 
HOTG16 - First Televised World Series Championship

Cards Your Mother Threw Out:
CMT-28 - Ozzie Smith

Legendary Lineage:
LL10.  Johnny Bench & Ivan Rodriguez
LL22.  Frank Robinson & Vladimir Guerrero

Peak Performers:
PP-16.  Vladimir Guerrero
PP-21.  Jimmie Foxx
PP-46.  Rogers Hornsby


Adam also sent me a boat load of Reds cards, including a Barry Larkin card and a few other notable Reds.

1991 Fleer:
Reds Sticker

I love the Reds running man logo - I remember trying to draw this exact logo many times as a kid...though I'm not sure I ever successfully completed the logo.

2008 Upper Deck SpX
25.  Brandon Phillips

One of the great things about trading with other bloggers is the amazing variety of cards that end up on my desk.  I've never bought (or even seen) a pack of Upper Deck SpX but now I own a few different Reds from the set, including Brandon Phillips. 

2009 Topps Tribute
17.  Joe Morgan

Here's another set that I never even saw packs of, let alone bought.  It's super thick...and super shiny.  The photo isn't overly exciting but I still really like the card.

2006 Topps '52:
15.  Norris Hopper

What better way to end a trade post than a truly goofy looking card.  Did Hopper take this photo himself by stretching his arm out and snapping a self portrait?  Eesh. 

Thanks a lot for the trade Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you liked the cards.

    I have never bought a pack of SPX ro Topps Tribute either but I bought a big giant box of commens that had those in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Hopper card is great. Most Extreme Close Up Ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment