Featured Post

Gint-a-Cuffs - Box 01: Packs 15 and 16

Box total so far:  120 points.  Obviously, the big hit so far was the rip card and the mini it contained.  Can the momemtum from that pull carry over to the remaining packs?  I still need a heckuva lot more points if I'm going to have a serious contender here.

Pack 15:
14.  Shane Victorino
86.  Andrew Bailey
133.  Nelson Cruz
176.  Preston Pittman (Turkey-calling champion.  I don't get why it is ironic that he was born two days after Thanksgiving though...I think that's a misuse of the word ironic.)
179.  Ben Zobrist
305.  Kelly Johnson (+2, short print.)
TDH32.  Andrian Gonzalez (+1)
Mini:
269.  A.J. Burnett (-1 Yankee crap)

Pack total:  +2 lousy points.

Oh my, that pack alone probably killed my slim chances in this round of Gint-a-Cuffs.  What terrible cards.

Pack 16:
45.  Justin Verlander
54.  Tony Hawk
111.  Josh Willingham
117.  Neil Walker
260.  Chris Young
286.  Revolving Door (this card cracks me up every time I see it!)
TDH60.  Roy Halladay (+1 and +2 for favorite player = +3 points)
MM16.  Ultrasaurus (+3 points.  From the back of the card "researchers are not certain that Ultrasaurus existed, but clues suggest a gigantic plant-eating animal up to 100 feet long and 50 feet high that weighed 130 tons.  Fossils found could possibly be from two different dinos."  That's a pretty bold claim for researchers to make when they aren't even sure the bones are from the same critter!)

Pack total:  6 points
Ho hum, back to the usual six point packs.

Box total so far:  128 points
The box is two-thirds of the way complete and I'm only expecting one more hit.  At the rate I'm going, I'll finish with a box total of about 192 points.

Comments

  1. Quit toying with me, and post box 2 already! I need to know whether or not to even bother posting mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beardy, you might as well post yours - I can tell you that my second box posts are all going to be scheduled to go up when I'm not home...starting July 26. (And to be honest, I've only done three of the packs, plus the infamous box topper, to date). I'm sure your box will give people something to shoot for - maybe mine will be better, but I'm not sure of that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment