Featured Post

Topps Allen & Ginter - Quality Control Issues Abound.

I busted all my boxes of 2010 Allen & Ginter and, needless to say, was quite disappointed in the quality control (or lack thereof).  I've already sent an email to Topps - I'm extremely hopeful (but doubting) that Topps will provide the missing rip card (which was meant as a way for me to recoup some of my investment). 

Here are the complaints that I sent Topps.  Any (or all) "fixes" that Topps provides will be documented on my blog...I've had decent luck with the customer service in the past but nothing has ever been as drastic as this particular case's issues were.

1. I did not get a rip card in the case, though I thought they were 1 per case.

2. I did not get a promised three hits in one of the boxes, and according to each box label, there should be three hits (of some type) in each box.

3. There were a bunch of packs that did not contain a mini card at all (and thus, were one card short). There were a few packs that contained two minis (often right before or after the packs missing mini cards) but in the end, the number of minis in a couple of the boxes was still short.

4. In one box, the entire left hand column had the middle card in each pack damaged quite badly. There were also a bunch of damaged base cards and minis throughout the case.

Comments

  1. Same here with the damaged cards. I busted 4 boxes, and have 26 damaged cards to send back to Topps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had problem #3 with the loose packs I bought. I also found it to be a problem that I went hitless in my pack busting although that wasn't really topp's fault lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not picked up a box yet, but I did see one YouTube box break that didn't have a single hit in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problems with the damaged cards and missing minis that you did. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but each of the boxes I opened also had at least one pack where the mini was packaged horizontally (always a National Animal or Sailor) and the ends were smashed.

    I have never sent back damaged cards before so I will be curious to see how they will deal with the problem because it seems pretty widespread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upper Deck is out, and with it goes the quality of Topps cards. The benefits of a monopoly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just busted three boxes.

    Fist box 0 hits.
    Second box 1 hit.
    Final box three hits.

    I called Topps and spoke with a manager, and the jerk laughed at me then hung up the phone..

    Im not done. Keep your eyes peeled for my comeback post..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment