Featured Post

Cooking Recipe: Spicy, Cheesy, Tailgater Dip

With the baseball playoff push in full swing and football about to start up, it's time to begin thinking about tailgating and other sports related get togethers!  Since I haven't shared a recipe on here in awhile, I figured I would share one of my "staple" dishes that I often bring to fall gatherings - it's sure to be a hit (and while it may look like it makes a lot, trust me, it goes fast)!

Spicy, Cheesy Tailgater Dip:

1 lb. Velveeta cheese
1 can (10 oz.) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 pound ground beef (or more/less depending on how "meaty" you want the dip)
1/2 cup sliced green onion or white onion

Brown the ground beef.  If using white onion, I recommend adding the onion to the ground beef and simmering for a few minutes before removing from heat.  In the meantime, cut up the Velveeta cheese into small chunks.  In a large oven safe dish (preferably an attractive oven dish such as Le Creuset if you are planning on serving the dip to guests), combine all the ingredients (except the green onions, if using).  If serving immediately, heat the dip on the stove for about 6 - 8 minutes (until Velveeta is fully melted).  Add the green onions, stir and enjoy!

Note:  This dip works well if made in advance (which is what I often do).  Prepare as above, except do not heat the dip.  Instead, cover the mixture and place in fridge.  Before your party/event, heat the dip, stir in the  green onions, and enjoy.  You can also use the oven to heat the dip (or to keep it warm until all the guests arrive as I often do).  To make the dish spicier, I often use plain diced tomatoes and a sliced jalapeno pepper or two.  Serve with tortilla chips (or crackers) and enjoy!

Note 2:  I forgot to take a picture of my dip for the blog until it was already half eaten...next time!


Related recipe by Nachos Grande:




Corn Salsa

Comments

  1. same recipe works well in the crock pot aslo - brown meat prior to putting into the crcok pot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment