Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Cards from Blog Reader Ted

Occasionally, I advertise eBay auctions here on my blog.  More times than not, when I do, some of my blog readers place some bids on my items.  When that happens, I often try to "thank" them by throwing in some other cards, especially if I know I have some that that particular person would like.

This exact scenario played out a month or so ago when I sold a bunch of cards on eBay and blog reader Ted (who I don't think has a blog himself?) placed a bid and won an auction.  Knowing that Ted likes the Blue Jays, I included some Jays along with his auction winnings.

Flash forward to yesterday...and I received a surprise package in the mail from Ted - complete with a scatter shot of cards from my 2010 want list!  Completely unexpected, and completely awesome!  Let's take a look at the goodies!

2010 Topps:
History of the World Series:
HWS21.  Derek Jeter
I actually received this card in a trade earlier this week - but that's ok.  I'll add it to my trade bait pile in an effort to track down the remaining cards I need from the set!

Cards Your Mother Threw Out:
CMT73.  Gaylord Perry
CMT74.  Jim Bunning
CMT83.  Dennis Eckersley

I needed all three of these cards - I think the Cards Your Mother Threw Out insert set looks pretty nifty in a binder...it's fun to glance at all of the Topps designs over the years!

2010 Allen & Ginter:
Base: 
66.  Orlando Hudson

N43:
N43-AR.  Alex Rodriguez

As of the time of writing this post, I'm only missing three N43s (Ethier, Mauer, and Longoria...and I believe that I have another package waiting on my desk with the Ethier in it)!

Monsters of the Mesozoic:
MM6.  Megalosaurus

I'm down to needing only three more dinosaur cards:  #4, 9, and 14.  If you have any of those, please let me know!  Of all the mini sets, this is the one that I want to complete the most!

Lords of Olympus:
LO5.  Athena
LO8.  Hermes

Thanks to Hermes, I now have the complete Lords of Olympus insert set!  I'm beginning to get tantalizingly close to having all of the Ginter mini sets complete (at least all of the mini sets that I'm chasing anyhow)!

Many thanks Ted for all the great cards!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out. I do have a blog, and its listed in your bloglist on the right side of yours (Crinkly Wrappers). If I find some more cards, I'll send 'em your way!

    ps-I don't have an issue commenting on your blog here for some reason, but I can't on others, I think its the visual word verification, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment