Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Cards from Greg over at Night Owl Cards

While on vacation, I received a number of yellow envelopes full of cards.  Amongst those were a number of trades that I had completed right before I left, along with a surprise envelope.  While there are many generous bloggers out there, Greg from the wonderful Night Owl Cards blog, is certainly one of the most generous!  I'll get to the agreed upon trades in upcoming posts, but Greg deserves to "go first" given the great cards he sent me.  Let's dig in.


As always, all pithy commentary is free of charge.

2010 Topps:
History of the World Series:
HWS21.  Derek Jeter

Sure, it's a Jeter card, but I needed it.

2009 Upper Deck Spectrum:
37.  Justin Verlander

Purple madness - I'm down to needing 12 cards from this shiny set.

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Regular back mini:
100.  Matt LaPorta

It bugs me somewhat that batting averages and slugger percentages are spelled out as whole numbers rather than as decimals on the back of the Allen & Ginter cards.  I'm probably the only person who is bugged by that.

World's Biggest:
WB5.  Mount Everest

It's a big hill.

Relics:
AGR-CL.  Carlos Lee

AGR-JD.  John Danks

They might not be relics that would help Night Owl win Gint-a-Cuffs, but they are two relics that I didn't previously own - and I'm trying to acquire 'em all!

In addition to the aforementioned goodies, Greg also sent me a couple of Barry Larkin cards and a nice stack of Reds cards, including another picture of Jose Rijo with a goofy prop.  That guy must have had a thing for having props for all his card pictures!


Thanks a lot Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments

  1. You're welcome. Although the numbers being spelled out on the back of A&G cards does bother me slightly, I'm more disturbed by being forced to look at Jeter's rear end on that World Series card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment