Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Delivery Time! Trade with Blog Reader Matt

Although I'm currently overseas (at least I am when this post goes "live"), I'm still always interested in a large or small trade in an effort to knock cards off my want list.  One of the latest small trades that I completed before leaving for vacation was with blog reader Matt. 

I sent Matt a bunch of 2010 Topps cards, in return he sent me a single insert card from my want list - as well as some Cincinnati Reds cards from Bowman (a brand that I still have never bought a pack of)!

Here's what I got:

2010 Topps:
Legendary Lineage:
LL15.  Duke Snider & Andre Ethier

That's a lot of Dodger blue on that card huh?  I can't say I know all that much about Snider or Ethier...besides the obvious that they are both great players of their respective generations.

Bowman:

Aroldis Chapman

I saw Aroldis pitch in a minor league game early this year.  I wasn't terribly impressed by his command (which is still spotty) but you can't argue with the 100 mph fastball!

A bunch of other Bowman cards.  These are nice enough I guess, but my main complaint with Bowman is every year seems to look exactly like the last. 

Thanks a lot Matt!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer (and remember, I won't be able to get back to you until around August 7 or 8).

Comments